Sometimes, just because a place calls itself a church, it may not be what you really understand, or desire. Just so you can understand if we are right for you, here is what First Christian Church believes and holds as its Biblical and core values.
We are challenged in the Scriptures to live out the following verse:
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. Matthew 28:19-20
From the context of this verse, we have established a mission statement for our church:
First Christian Church exists to reach, connect and grow individuals in an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
In the simplest terms, we simply desire to:
REACH CONNECT GROW
- FCC believes that God desires us to be outward focused, and always keeping the new person in mind.
- FCC desires to pursue excellence, doing the best we can with what we have been given.
- FCC is always ready for challenge, and we expect to grow spiritually and numerically.
- FCC values relationship, because we know that life change happens best with others.
- FCC will always seek innovation, and always be looking ahead.
- First Christian Church of Dodge City believes the Bible is the infallible Word of God. The Bible is the ultimate authority for the faith and practice of the Christian life. From the Bible we derive a knowledge of God, and an appetite for righteousness, and an understanding of Christian duty.
- We believe in God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit as being the three persons of deity. All attributes of God are equally shared by all three in complete unity and cooperation. We believe all three were involved in the creation, the redemption of mankind, and will be involved in the consummation of history. We believe in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the resurrection of the dead and His personal return in glory and power.
- We believe that mankind was created in God's image and was endowed with freewill to celebrate God's glory. Sin destructively affects every aspect of mankind's thought and behavior. Only God can offer mankind terms of reconciliation with Him.
- We believe that obedience is essential in order to be born again and in order to experience the transforming work of the Holy Spirit. In response to God's grace, we practice believer's baptism, observe the Lord's Supper, and encourage all believers to use their lives in service to God and mankind.
- We believe the church of Jesus Christ is the body of all true believers, thus, it is visible and invisible, local and universal, unified and diverse. We believe the present ministry of the Holy Spirit enables believers to live a God-honoring life, resist the forces of wickedness, and anxiously serve as we anticipate the return of Christ and the beginning of eternity.
If you have any further questions about our beliefs, please e-mail the church at
or give us a call (620) 227-8686.